5 Things You May Not Know About the Next Man of Steel, Henry Cavill
Henry Cavill -- who will appear this summer on Zack Snyder's Man of Steel -- turns 30 today, and despite the fact that he landed one of the most iconic roles in cinema history, I didn't know a lot about the guy except for the fact that he was in Stardust and "The Tudors" (and The Immortals, more recently). Because I didn't watch much of "The Tudors," he'd never entered my radar that much until he was cast in Man of Steel. If, like me, you're a bit on the oblivious side, here's 5 facts about Cavill.
1. Did you know, however, that this is not the first time he was up for Superman? In fact, he was the front-runner for Superman Begins, but when McG vacated the project in favor of Bryan Singer, he was replaced by Brandon Routh.
2. He was also the frontrunner to replace Pierce Brosnan in the James Bond franchise, and in fact, Martin Campbell -- the director -- preferred him, but the producers chose the older Daniel Craig. He is still interested in replacing Daniel Craig once he leaves the series.
3. Likewise, he was the frontrunner for two roles that would eventually go to Robert Pattinson: Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter franchise and Edward Cullen in Twilight (in fact, Cavill was Stephenie Meyers' choice to play Cullen). I can see it based on this picture, although I wish I could not.
Cavill was offered the role of Carlisle Cullen, but declined.
4. Cavill is fluent in French, and also speaks Italian and Spanish very well.
5. He is dating Gina Carano.
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)