This Game Show Will Make You Want To Fling Yourself Into The Sun
Man, you know what is totally hilarious? The crippling student debt problem plaguing this country. A $1.5 trillion problem. The cost of education is skyrocketing and yet wages are remaining stagnant, and if you try to get a job without a degree, that’s a whole other can of worms.
So, what better way to capitalize on this crisis than to create a game show that pays off someone’s entire student loan bill? Too macabre? Not for TruTV! Paid Off with Michael Torpey pits contestants against each other in a formula that looks to be Family Feud meets Jeopardy! with really high stakes.
I mean, I get it. Shit is hard, so any way that you can make that debt pile shrink is a win. But Jesus, the fact that this has become an option is bleak. *mutters angrily about late-stage capitalism* Our reality is getting a little too dystopian for my taste.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia