Terrence Howard's Superfans Are A Horror Show. Literally.
Network TV in the summer tends to be a wasteland of filler content, especially of the reality show variety. But even within that general scope, FOX’s upcoming “special,” Terrence Howard’s Fright Club, seems especially… uh, “special.” Take a look:
So basically, Terrence Howard is going to invite a handful of his biggest fans to his remote New Orleans estate and scare the bejeezus out of them with, like, voodoo and swamp monsters and shit, in a horror-themed hidden camera prank show?
A few thoughts:
- Terrence Howard has superfans?
- WTF are Terrence Howard’s horror bonafides, anyway? Cuz I looked at his IMDb and the closest thing to a horror movie I could find was that Mariah Carey flick, Glitter.
- Look, I get that FOX is in the Lucious Lyon business thanks to Empire. And maybe Howard really is just super fucking into horror movies. I mean, I am too! But is that really enough? Like, if Robert Englund, a.k.a. Freddy Krueger, wants to host a scary prank show, more power to him. But I mean, just because I like donuts it doesn’t make me qualified to be the next Krispy Kreme mascot, y’know?
- Whatever, this is only an hour-long special. And honestly, anyone clamoring for a VIP Terrence Howard experience probably deserves exactly what they’re getting here.
- No, but seriously, there are Terrence Howard superfans?
Terrence Howard’s Fright Club airs Thursday, May 24th at 8pm EST on FOX.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia