Stephen Colbert Offers The Only Bill O'Reilly Sendoff That Filth Deserves
“I owe a lot to Bill O’Reilly,” Stephen Colbert confessed last night on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, “I spent over nine years playing a character based largely on him! And then twelve months in therapy to de-bloviate myself.”
With The O’Reilly Factor’s host/perpetual sexual harasser officially shit-canned from his Fox News soap box, who better to eulogize this vicious and willfully ignorant bloviator than Colbert, who turned O’Reilly’s bravado and obliviousness into a scathing and silly send-up for much of his career. To do it right, Colbert resurrected his “conservative pundit” persona. And it was perfection.
So, long Poppa Bear. And good fucking riddance.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia