Seth Meyers Applauds Nancy Pelosi's Sarcastic Clap
Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi upstaged President Donald Trump at the end of his State of The Union address by giving him the clap back heard round the world. Last night, Late Night with Seth Meyers tackled Pelosi’s masterful shade throwing, SOTU, the Super Bowl, a “tiny size penis gesture,” and more in a witty and winsome opening monologue.
That audience sure got bummed over the proposed injury of a fictional flamingo!
And circling back to Pelosi, we’ve gotten confirmation that her clapping at President Big Boy was absolutely intended to be as condescending as it seemed.
#waybackwednesday - oh yes that clap took me back to the teen years. She knows. And she knows that you know. And frankly she’s disappointed that you thought this would work. But here’s a clap. #youtriedit pic.twitter.com/vUCX2uAUvv— Christine Pelosi (@sfpelosi) February 6, 2019
That tweet is from Pelosi’s daughter, who has faced that clap, grew up, and is proudly Team Pelosi.
THIS is why so many of us marched, volunteered, phone banked, canvassed, cajoled, and campaigned our hearts out: a Democratic U.S. House Majority with NINETY Congresswomen and #MadamSpeaker! 💃🏾💃🏼💃🏽#TeamPelosi #WomenSucceed #SOTU #StateOfTheWoman pic.twitter.com/zHtWYlEtAF— Christine Pelosi (@sfpelosi) February 5, 2019
Header Image Source: NBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me