You Won't Want To Miss 'Saturday Night Live''s Cut For Time 'Shape of Water' And Jack White Sketches
After years writing for Saturday Night Live and giving the gift of WTF to Stefon, John Mulaney returned last weekend to host the strongest ep of the season. And there was even more freakiness and fun that couldn’t fit in the runtime. So here are the two sketches that got cut, but are too damn weird to miss.
First up, Luke Null gives a wedding toast to Mulaney and Cecily Strong, that quickly spins into chaos and a masterful use of musical guest Jack White.
In the second sketch, Kyle Mooney explores what’s next for the Fish Man from The Shape of Water. No, not Doug Jones. Instead, this sketch imagines Guillermo Del Toro’s beautiful aquatic monster as an artist, who wants to make the jump from acting to photography. Mulaney co-stars as his friend/rival Roger.
It’s a clever concept. But it never really takes shape. (Hyuk hyuk.) But the Adam Driver bit is pretty great.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia