Phoebe Waller-Bridge Can Do Anything (Including Flash Her A$$hole)
I guess the good folks at The Graham Norton Show are still recovering from the holidays, because recently they’ve been taking funny clips from old shows and tacking on some fresh intros — and I ain’t mad at it. After all, considering all the love Killing Eve has been getting this year (congrats on that Golden Globe, Sandra Oh!), it’s kind of the perfect time to revisit creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s appearance on Graham’s couch last year. Because here’s the thing: Waller-Bridge can kind of do anything. She writes! She produces! She acts! She’s even played a robot in Solo! And then there was that one time she flashed her asshole to her co-star!
I love this story, because it rings true. We’ve all been there, right? Having exhausted all our options and ideas, with nothing left but a butthole and our courage to see us through? But David Tennant’s intro also provides a nice bit of context, because he’s an old pro at sitting on Graham’s couch, and he’s right — It was the perfect story to share!
If anything, the only sour note is at the very end, when Waller-Bridge says some of her fellow thespians, such as Olivia Colman, felt she went “too far.” And I call bullshit, because we all know how far Colman is willing to go to surprise a co-star herself (coughWetSpongecoughcough).
Header Image Source: BBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me