Michaela Coel Makes Us Swoon With 'Been So Long' Trailer
Michaela Coel got on our radar as the creator and star of the wonderfully irreverent and divinely funny Chewing Gum. Then she awed us as a no-nonsense boss in the 5-time Emmy-award winning Black Mirror episode, “USS Callister.” Now, she’s come to win our hearts with Netflix’s seemingly steamy musical Been So Long.
WARNING: this trailer may cause swoons.
Here’s the official synopsis:
Romance, rage and revenge. Been So Long is a neon-soaked, modern day romance set on the streets of London’s musical hot-bed of Camden. We follow Simone (Michaela Coel), a dedicated single mother who, on a rare night on the town is charmed by a handsome yet troubled stranger, Raymond (Arinzé Kene), igniting old and new feelings. Set against the backdrop of an ever-changing city, Been So Long is a fresh take on love, life and moving on.
Been So Long hits Netflix October 26.
Header Image Source: Getty
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia