Samantha Bee Spoofs 'Riverdale' To Slam Anti-Vaxxers
Full Frontal With Samantha Bee took on anti-vaxxers this week with segments of news, interviews, and an on-point Riverdale parody. Because these anti-science dunderheads are getting people sick and killed and the only way to stop them is with hot teenage rebellion!
The clip below begins with how tech companies are fighting back against the anti-vaxxer propaganda. Then, Bee takes us through the very real and present danger anti-vaxxers are causing, including measles outbreaks in the U.S. However, “There is a ray of hope in all of this,” Bee shares, “While many anti-vaxxers will never face facts, their children—you know the same children who currently are at risk for diseases we haven’t seen outside of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman—just might!”
Bee speaks with Ethan Lindenberger, a teen activist who defied his anti-vaxxer mother’s wishes by getting vaccinated and then testified before Congress. From there, Bee pivots into a Riverdale parody, where she’s a total Betty.
This very special episode of Riverdale spoof offers the controversial life lesson: “Maybe it is bad to get diseases from the Middle Ages” and “Rebelling against your parents to make sure you don’t get tetanus is hot.”
Finally, once more for the anti-vaxxers in the back (or on your Facebook timeline):
Header Image Source: TBS
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me