The Red Band Trailer For Fox Searchlight's 'Ready or Not' Looks Fantastically Twisted And Hilarious
The best horror movies, in my opinion, are those that either scare you with their twisted plots or those that horrify and delight you with the darkest of humor interspersed with gore. I find Sinister is a good example of the former and You’re Next embodies the latter. It seems that Fox Searchlight reads my newsletter because they chose to create Ready or Not, a movie about a young woman marrying into the Le Domas family; an eccentric group that made their fortune with board games. In order to finalize the Grace’s (Samara Weaving) place in the brood, she must play a game with them.
Although the trailer makes me fully ready to throw dollars at it and watch it on opening night (August 23, 2019), be warned that it is quite spoiler-y. I’m upset it literally murders one of the running jokes in the trailer, but hey! I’m sure Ready or Not still has some other tricks up its sleeves.
Ready or Not also stars Andie MacDowell as Becky Le Domas, Adam Brody as Daniel Le Domas, Mark O’Brien as Alex Le Domas, Henry Czerny as Tony Le Domas, Kristian Bruun as Fitch Bradley, Melanie Scrofano as Emilie Le Domas, Elyse Levesque as Charity Le Domas, Nicky Guadagni as Helene Le Domas, and John Ralston as Stevens.
Image sources (in order of posting): Fox Searchlight, Walt Disney Pictures
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me