We Need To Talk About The Possible Downfall Of Our Democracy: Congressional Republicans
You know, I’m pretty sure that there won’t be any new information included in this video, but I still feel like it’s gonna hurt like a motherfucker to hear it all laid out together. Unfortunately, we, unlike the Republican Party, can’t pretend that this isn’t happening. Might as well get it over with.
Couple of things:
1) This is why I don’t humor children. My friends and family have teased me about my Ron-Swanson-esque approach to children who are lying, but it’s precisely for this reason. That, and I’m a little bit crazy. No one in Trump’s entire life ever looked him in the face, and said, “I don’t believe you.” His words have never had any sort consequence so he never bothered trying to figure out how to spin things in a way that seems convincing. Or to consider the reaction to the things he does before he does them. He’s complete id. I’m not sure how that’s going to play out long-term, but it’s deliciously horrific to watch in the meantime.
2) What the actual shit, Congressional Republicans? Do you want “Ryan” to become the new “Quisling” in the next couple of decades? Mitch McConnell, you already look exactly like a turtle. Do you know how easy the “hiding in his shell” jokes are going to be coming? Little Marco decided that since he already had the nickname, he might as well lean into it? Cool. Thanks, guys.
And lest you think that most of the country will be forgiving of the group of assholes who let Jabba the Trump piss all over our government, let me remind you of exactly how Seth Meyers phrased what you guys are doing about Trump’s blatant abuse of office.
But what about Congress? Well, so far most Republicans seem to be content to surrender our Democratic institution for short-term, political expediency.
Now, Congressional Republicans might not care about what Meyers says about them because he’s one of those elitist New York liberals, and not a constituent. Which makes sense. Meyers isn’t the person who can cost any of these Republicans their jobs. He’s just the person who is helping to shape the country’s view of current affairs and how those actions will be seen throughout history. You know, someone who holds a lot of sway in what will eventually be these Republicans’ lasting legacy? But then again, I can’t imagine men who are desperate for power and adoration would care about a thing like that.
So remember, folks, Trump is man-childing his way into destroying the country, and the Republican party is supplying him with the cocaine and scissors. Don’t let them forget we know in 2018.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia