In Today's Edition Of This Is A Real Movie That Totally Exists: 'The Velocipastor'
Sometimes a trailer comes along that’s so absolutely bonkers and weirdly intriguing that we have to wonder if it’s not an elaborate hoax. There’s been Book of Henry, Pokémon Detective Pikachu, and now The Velocipastor.
Need I say more? Watch the trailer and marvel at its majesty.
This trailer has everything: ninjas, battling ninjas while wearing tightie-whities, kicks to the nuts, a confession booth killing, “a girl with a dark past,” and a pastor who turns into a sinner-slaying dinosaur.
Here’s the official plot synopsis:
After a devastating family tragedy, a priest travels to China to find deeper spirituality, but instead is endowed with an ancient ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first, he is horrified by his newfound superpower, but a local prostitute convinces him to use his newfound gift to fight evil - and ninjas. Gregory James Cohan, Alyssa Kempinski, Daniel Steere, Yang Jiechang, Jesse Turits, Fernando Pacheco de Castro star with Aurelio Voltaire in the Wild Eye Releasing title.
Velicipastor will have a home entertainment release this summer. But ahead of that, the film will play Texas Frightmare Weekend on May 3, followed by a Q&A with writer/director Brendan Steere.
Header Image Source: Wild Eye Releasing
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me