A Teen Comedy For Everyone Who Casually Befriended A Merciless Dictator
You know that thing in adolescence where you feel so alienated from your peers that it seems the only one who can truly understand you is a violent, power-mad tyrant? Totally. Well, that’s the jumping off point of writers/directors Lisa Addario and Joe Syracuse’s subversive teen comedy Dear Dictator.
Odeya Rush stars as an angsty American girl who leans hard into teen rebellion when she decides to harbor her pen pal, a British-Caribbean dictator played by Michael Caine. Also, there are mean girls, a metal-loving Jesus Freak, milk-boarding, and a bonkers make-over montage. We know. It sounds like a movie made by Mad Libs. We’re excited too.
Check out the trailer for Dear Dictator below:
Dear Dictator opens in theaters and on Demand on March 16th.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia