'The Hitman's Body Guard' Spoils Fun Marketing Campaign With Lame Low Blow
Starring Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson, the action-comedy The Hitman’s Bodyguard enticed us straight out the gate with the allure of their powers of snark and side-eye combining into silly summer spectacle. The premise was promising in that it was absurd: a hitman’s bodyguard must defend him, also hates him. The red-band trailer had us in hysterics. And then came this cheeky poster, nodding to the most of iconic bodyguard movies, the Whitney Houston / Kevin Costner The Bodyguard.
We were sold. We were excited! We were counting down the days until The Hitman’s Bodyguard’s release on August 18th. Then came the latest character posters. Which, well, take a look.
Why take a movie that seemed a fun, hard-R romp of madness and mayhem that all those over 18 could enjoy! But now thus poster has made the left a punchline. And all for a lame pun. This is why we can’t have nice, ludicrous things.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia