Taika Waititi Makes A Joke Of Adolf Hitler In 'Jojo Rabbit' Trailer
Moments after it was announced that Taika Waititi’s latest would screen at the Toronto International Film Festival, the trailer for Jojo Rabbit was unveiled. As promised, it features New Zealand’s beloved triple-threat playing Adolf Hitler. Well, the child’s imaginary friend version of Adolf Hitler. The trailer also teases appearances from Sam Rockwell, Scarlett Johansson, Rebel Wilson, Alfie Allen, Stephen Merchant, and Leave No Trace’s Thomasin McKenzie.
Take a look.
Roman Griffin Davis makes his screen debut as Jojo Betzler, a bullied German boy in the Hitler youth whose admiration for his favorite Führer is so great that Hitler is his imaginary bff. But Jojo’s understanding of his hero and his nation are challenged when he discovers his mother (Johansson) is hiding a Jewish girl in their home. Just in case anyone tries to get it twisted, the trailer makes clear this is a satire attacking hate, not another drama humanizing Nazis.
How do a dancing Allen, trigger-happy Rockwell, and DIY robot costumes fit into this unusual coming-of-age comedy? We’ll find out when Jojo Rabbit hits theaters October 18.
Header Image Source: Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Box Office Report: Once Upon a Time in Photorealistic Hell
- Review: 'Harpoon' Delivers Dark Laughs And Grisly Horror On The High Seas
- Someone is Hating on Childless People Going to Disney Parks Again, With an Obnoxious Privileged Spin
- Questions About the Ending of 'Veronica Mars' Season 4
- Stream It Or Nah? Netflix's 'Great Hack': What Are We Really Angry About Here?