You'll Regret Watching This
On 30 Rock, Salma Hayek and Alec Baldwin had a zinging and zesty chemistry. So you might think it’d be fun to see them reteam. Perhaps for an R-rated comedy where they could really go with the gusto? Well, then I guess you’re to blame for Drunk Parents.
Here’s the logline:
Two drunk parents attempt to hide their ever increasing financial difficulties from their daughter and social circle through elaborate neighborhood schemes.
Here’s what that boils down to: A once obscenely wealthy married couple (Baldwin and Hayek) is deeply in debt. So, they steal from their neighbors and do increasingly sketchy shit to keep up their posh posturing. I’m assuming the working title was Rich People Problems: Or Shit I Can’t Pretend To Care About In This The Darkest Timeline.
Check out the trailer if you dare. It includes a bunch of flaccid jokes, Hayek crawling through a doggy door, Jim Gaffigan as a shirtless, shimmying sex offender, and Joe Manganiello as—I dunno—someone in camo who—cruelly—has his shirt on.
Is this the worst trailer we’ve ever seen? Nah. It’s not even the worst trailer this week. But if this trailer is meant to tease the BEST of what Drunk Parents has to offer, you can bet this review assignment will go to whoever pisses off TK. Beautiful, smart, and powerful TK.
Drunk Parents will be available on DIRECTV on March 21. A theatrical release will follow on April 19.
Header Image Source: Vertical Entertainment
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me