Say Hello to R-Battz!
It is on! According to Deadline, Warner Bros. have officially made the decision to hire Robert Pattinson as their new Batman. This comes after weeks of speculation that the actor would don the mantle of Gotham’s finest detective in Matt Reeves’s upcoming film The Batman. Pattinson was reportedly up against Nicholas Hoult for the part. A source told Deadline that Pattinson ‘will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment… Expect an announcement imminently.’
I am all in on this. Pattinson is an amazing actor, it would be good to get another younger Bruce Wayne, and if there’s anyone who knows a thing or two about playing a tormented muscled hunk with a rabid fan-base then it’s the sparkle-pire himself. Seriously guys, he’s kind of perfect for this role, although it is somewhat surprising that Pattinson would want to take on a major franchise role like this after the Twilight series swallowed up so much of his life for years. Then again, I bet that sweet DC money funds a few more Claire Denis projects. Go get your cheque, Rob!
The Batman is scheduled to be released on June 25, 2021.
Header Image Source: Getty Images.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me