The 'Charlie's Angels' Trailer Has Landed
Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska are kicking butt and taking names in the first trailer for Charlie’s Angels. Elizabeth Banks directs and co-stars in this reboot of the female-fronted 2002 action-comedy adapted from the 1976 TV series. So how do you make this franchise fresh? A trailer boasting aerial-influenced fight choreography and music from Janelle Monáe is certainly a start.
Check out the trailer for Charlie’s Angels:
What do we think? There’s fashion porn, lots of action, a group dance number (of course), Kristen Stewart bringing a proudly queer flare to the Angels, and Noah Centineo popping by to play a “handsome nerd” who loves phosphorus. And yet, I’m not excited? It’s not solely because Patrick Stewart chirping “feisty”—a word I think we should retire where it concerns grown women—but that doesn’t help. It feels like this trailer was made by committee, desperate to hit all the points on a checklist for “girl power cliches.” The transparency of that makes me cringe.
However, I’m grateful for a moment that can add to our Misandry Gifs gallery.
Charlie’s Angels hits theaters November 15.
Header Image Source: Sony Pictures
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me