Cool. So I'm Afraid Of Flowers Now
Last year, he scared us into panic attacks and deep traumatic dread with superbly horrorifying Hereditary. Now, writer/director Ari Aster is back with his follow-up Midsommar. A24 has been teasing the release of a trailer with a string of pretty images, featuring flowers blooming, girls dancing, and a young couple traipsing into a picturesque field of wildflowers. But we know that Aster managed to turn family drama and Toni Collette into a totally bone-chilling tale of terror. So, there’s something sinister lurking beneath the loveliness.
And now, after much teasing here’s the first teaser trailer for Midsommar. Are you ready?
Florence Pugh, Jack Reynor, William Jackson Harper, and Will Poulter star in this horror-mystery that centers on a young woman as she reluctantly follows her boyfriend on an unusual summer trip. The colors are bright, the village charming, but there’s something strange about this “crazy nine-day festival (that) only happens once every 90 years.” There will be drugs, blood, and much, much screaming. And we can’t wait!
Midsommar opens this summer.
Header Image Source: A24
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me