Bo Burnham Does Right By 'Eighth Grade' Star With A Well-Placed "F*ck You"
Stand-up comedian Bo Burnham has stunned film critics with his debut feature, Eighth Grade, a painfully authentic drama about one deeply shy girl’s coming-of-age. Earning her fair share of acclaim is the film’s astonishing young star, Elsie Fisher, who gives such a raw and vulnerable performance it may give you second-hand anxiety.
During the making of the movie, Burnham grew protective of Fisher. So when he heard that after the real-life eighth grader went from shooting this amazing movie to not getting cast in her school play, he had one very special message for her drama teacher, which he unleashed on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
For real though, adolescent pool parties are a unique form of torture. Since Eighth Grade has opened, I’ve learned everyone has a scorchingly embarrassing childhood story set at a pool party. Share yours in comments if you dare.
Our review of Eighth Grade will be coming soon.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia