'Frozen 2' Has a Teaser Trailer But No Earworm Song -- Yet
The Walt Disney Company spent decades trying to figure out a way to adapt the Hans Christian Andersen story The Snow Queen into a movie. They looked at various ways to change the story and thought about tackling a very straightforward retelling of the tale, but then they made a very smart decision: What, instead of making the story about an evil snow queen, the protagonist was the snow queen?
To say that 2013’s Frozen was a hit would be the understatement of the century. The film made over $1.27 billion worldwide and remains the highest grossing animated film of all time (suck it, Minions). It signalled a new age of Disney animation, a re-invention of their princess trope, and made millions of parents go mad with forced repeat listenings of the ultimate earworm, Let It Go. So of course a sequel was inevitable, and now, we have our first teaser.
The teaser is much darker in tone, with hints that Elsa, Anna, and company are heading on a quest of some sort. No plot synopsis has been released yet. The original cast are back - Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, and Josh Gad - and are joined by new arrivals Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown. Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee return (the latter is the new co-chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios), and Lee is co-writing the film with Hidden Figures screenwriter Allison Schroeder.
Frozen 2 will be released on November 22nd. Prepare yourselves.
Header Image Source: Disney // YouTube
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me