Second Best Chris In Negotiations to Join 'Men in Black' Spin-Off
Chris Hemsworth, fresh off his wondrous work in Thor: Ragnarok that saw him soar past Evans to become the runner-up Chris (Pine shall reign supreme), is in early negotiations to join the Men in Black spin-off.
The Hollywood Reporter exclusive claims that Sony are hoping to go the Jurassic World route and revive a tried & tested franchise with a new cast in the hopes of lightning striking once more. Overall, the Men in Black trilogy, headlined by Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, has made more than $1.5bn worldwide.
Anyhoo, the Hollywood Reporter also cites sources who say that ‘the new combination of characters involve a white character, a black woman, and an older man.’ So start speculating as to who else is joining the cast. Too much to hope for a Ragnarok reunion with Tessa Thompson? Ooh, how about Janelle Monae?
And, of course, it will be mandatory that Hemsworth also rap the theme song, right?
(Header photo from Getty Images)
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia