A24 Reveals The Secret Of Their Public Access Promotion
A couple of weeks back, A24 tantalized and confounded Film Twitter with a cryptic tweet. A gif listed some of A24’s hits, including Lady Bird, The Spectacular Now, The Bling Ring, Good Time, The Witch, and Moonlight, along with some curious clues.
Aspect ratios, dates, and geographic coordinates. We tracked each one down and took a guess this meant free screenings of beloved A24 offerings. But the coordinates didn’t coordinate to movie theaters. So what did A24 have in mind? One commenter figured it out. Bistro called out the billboards.
In a new press release, A24 announced they are “bringing movies back home to the places that inspired them, turning billboards across the country into outdoor cinemas by night.” Basically, it’s a DIY drive-in, perfect for summer cinema.
The six-week screening series will be free to the public, kicking off with Lady Bird in Sacramento on July 20.
And remember how we couldn’t figure out the reasoning behind Moonlight’s location? Its billboard is just a short walk from Moonlight Way, the stretch of road rechristened to memorialize Barry Jenkins’s Best Picture winner.
So here’s the full line-up, along with links to their locations.
8 PM July 20 — Lady Bird, Sacramento, California
8 PM July 27 — The Bling Ring, Los Angeles, California
8 PM August 6 — The Witch, Ossipee, New Hampshire
7:30 PM August 10 — Good Time, New York City, New York
8 PM August 17 — The Spectacular Now, Athens, Georgia
7:30 PM August 24 — Moonlight, West Little River, Florida
Header Image Source: A24
- On Pokémon, Parenting Frustrations, and the Heart of the Pajiba Community
- Terry Crews Perfectly Pitches Himself as Ariel's Father in the Live-Action 'The Little Mermaid'
- A24 Reveals The Secret Of Their Public Access Promotion
- Morning Briefing: Tucker Carlson's White Supremacist Rant Incites Violence Against Ilhan Omar
- Twitter Discovers That the 'Nodding Guy' Meme is Actually Robert Redford, Not Zach Galifianakis