The Name's Hand. Shatterhand.
The 25th Bond movie is coming soon. Well, after a few delays and a major director change, it’s coming eventually. Daniel Craig’s final hurrah as everyone’s favourite embittered hard drinking misogynist with a gun is expected to be the end of an era, but before all your Idris Elba fan-casts can come to fruition, director Cary Joji Fukunaga has work to do. And Bond 25 may have a title, or at least a working title. Very different things.
According to industry resource Production Weekly, the film’s current possible title is Shatterhand. That’s… Well, it sounds a bit daft, doesn’t it? But this is the film franchise where 80 percent of all female characters’ names are cheap sexual puns, so what do you expect? This has also been the rumoured title since 2017, with the Express reporting it, among many other publications. They also highlight the meaning behind this title and what it could mean for the upcoming film.
Dr. Shatterhand is an alias of a certain villain named Blofeld. We last saw him in Spectre, as played by Christoph Waltz at his most Christoph Waltz-y. Does that mean he’ll be back? He originally claimed that his Bond villain tenure was a one-and-done deal. Can he be lured back? Or will he be replaced by some other dude taking over the mantle? And will they be bald? Because Waltz is mega sexy but not even he could pull off bald in that Terry Gilliam movie he did.
Bond 25 currently has a release date of April 8th 2020.
Header Image Source: MGM // Sony Pictures
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me