You Won't Believe Who The Kid From 'Kazaam' Grew Up To Be
There was a sweet spot in 1996 where Shaquille O’Neal was convinced he could translate his success on the basketball court to success not only in movie theaters but also in the rap game. His play at all kinds of new fame was called Kazaam, a mess of a movie about a tough young kid who befriends a giant genie who lives in a boombox.
Shaq’s wish for movie stardom hasn’t really panned out, though he has popped up in a string of embarrassing comedies, like Freddy Got Fingered, Scary Movie 4, Jack and Jill, Grown Ups 2 and Blended. But what became of his kiddie co-star?
Yup. Capra grew up and leaned hard into the tough guy niche, covering himself with tattoos. And hey, it helped get him a recurring role on Veronica Mars as the gruff but lovable gang leader Weevil, a part he reprised in the series’ crowdfunded 2014 movie and short-lived spin-off Play It Again, Dick.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia