The Best Performances From "I Am The Highway: A Tribute To Chris Cornell"
The loss of Chris Cornell to suicide on May 18, 2017, was a shock to his fans and the people that knew him best. It was a shattering loss for the music world, as Cornell’s unique voice and lyrics helped Soundgarden stand out from other bands in the early days of grunge. His solo career, time in Temple of the Dog, and role as the frontman of Audioslave added to the plethora of diverse music he left behind.
It’s still so difficult to let go.
On January 16, 2019, Cornell’s family, friends, bandmates, and famous fans came together to raise money for the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation, a charity invested in assisting vulnerable children around the world.
The emphasis was on showcasing the impact made by Cornell while assisting his foundation, but an unintended side effect was the emergence of amazing performances from unexpected vocalists. Here are some of the best tributes from “I Am the Highway: A Tribute To Chris Cornell.”
Taylor Momsen with Soundgarden and Tom Morello - “Bad Love”
Adam Levine with Stone Gossard - “Seasons”
Miley Cyrus with Temple of the Dog - “Say Hello 2 Heaven”
Taylor Momsen with Soundgarden - “Rusty Cage”
Dave Grohl and Robert Trujillo with Audioslave - “Show Me How To Live”
Fiona Apple - “All Night Thing”
Header Image Source: Getty Images
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me