Miss Colombia Handled That Steve Harvey Slip-Up With More Poise Than We Can Ever Hope To Possess
Remember that thing where Steve Harvey accidentally said the wrong name when announcing the winner of Miss Universe? Yeah. That was rough to watch. We don’t even want to imagine what it was like for Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez, who learned she’d actually lost minutes after being crowned.
But this sharp and gorgeous young woman got the last laugh when she appeared on Steve Harvey’s morning show. It was a reunion that could have been more cringe-inducing than their last onscreen appearance. Instead, Gutierrez was gracious, warm and even funny.
And props to Harvey. It can be difficult to face up to a mistake, especially one this public. But he took responsibility, and offered Gutierrez a sincere apology.
We could all learn something from the beauty queen and the comedian today.
Kristy Puchko lives in
perpetual fear that ice cream will become self-aware New York City.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia