Two New Videos Prove Janelle Monáe Wasn't Gonna Make Us Wait. Also, She's Still Got It.
Ho. Ly. Shit. Look, let’s just get down to it. Was it only a week ago that she fanned the flames of our excitement with a brilliant trailer for her upcoming album, Dirty Computer? Because Janelle Monáe has turned around and dropped not one but TWO new songs — complete with mind-blowing music videos. And yes, one of them features Tessa Thompson. Take a look:
“Make Me Feel” is a Prince-inspired track, but the video mixes in a heavy dose of Robert Palmer (with leotards and see-thru pants as well), while “Django Jane” proves Janelle can rap with the best of them — even if she’s doing it out of her own vagina. Yes, seriously.
Look, I think it’s safe to say Janelle Monáe can do anything. It’s been 5 years since her last album, but she definitely hasn’t gotten rusty. She’s still sharp, innovative, and captivating as hell.
Dirty Computer comes out April 27th. So how excited are you to hear the whole thing?
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia