Elderly Woman in Hospital After Crash Involving William and Kate's Convoy
An 83 year old woman was hospitalized and remains in a serious condition after a road accident involving the police escort of William and Kate, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The accident involved a marked police motorbike in the convoy.
Few details of the incident have been released, other than that the elderly woman involved was in a critical but stable condition, and that the incident happened at lunchtime on 17 June (but the story wasn’t reported until late last night). William and Kate apparently sent flowers to the woman and a spokesperson for Kensington Palace released a statement saying, ‘Their Royal Highnesses have sent their very best wishes to Irene and her family and will stay in touch throughout every stage of her recovery.’
This isn’t the first royal car accident of 2019. Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh, was involved in a car crash at the beginning of the year. The 98 year old flipped his Land Rover after colliding with another vehicle that caused injuries to two women. The accident sparked conversations about the Duke’s responsibilities on the road and he eventually gave up his driver’s license as a result. And only a few days ago, the 83 year old Duke of Kent was involved in a crash.
Header Image Source: Getty Images.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me