Ava DuVernay Schools Hollywood On Inclusion In Four Short Tweets
Hollywood is very confused by the outrage over #OscarsSoWhite and the demand for greater representation. So, Selma director/Barbie inspiration/advocate Ava DuVernay took to Twitter for a short and sweet lesson on inclusion, speaking to crewing up her new show Queen Sugar.
For the record, QUEEN SUGAR enjoys the expertise, intelligence, ideas of many women dept heads, producers, scribes. It's not that hard. xo— Ava DuVernay (@AVAETC) February 9, 2016
You just have to look past your front door maybe. Or ask somebody. Or meet someone new. I mean, ya know? Jus' sayin'. #diversitywithcapitalD— Ava DuVernay (@AVAETC) February 9, 2016
*steps off soapbox* *strikes blue ivy pose* *blows a kiss* *logs off* xo— Ava DuVernay (@AVAETC) February 9, 2016
Kristy Puchko is making Pajiba 10 notes.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia