10 Reasons You Shouldn't Even Consider Bothering with Seth MacFarlane's Sh*tty, Thoughtless and Offensive Sitcom, 'Dads'
Besides the fact that it is a multi-camera laugh-track sitcom in which there is absolutely nothing worth laughing at, that it’s the lowest point in the careers of all four of the leads (Seth Green, Giovanni Ribisi, Martin Mull, and the Oscar nominated Peter Riegert), and the entire pilot is skull-crushingly dumb, here are 10 more reasons you shouldn’t give Seth MacFarlane’s first foray into live-action television a shot.
1. Nagging, shoe-tapping shrew of a wife.
2. Jokes at the expense of the Hispanic maid, and later jokes insinuating the Giovanni Ribisi’s wife is the maid, because she is Hispanic.
3. Shirtless (and bottomless) Martin Mull, who says to Ribisi’s wife after he lost his towel that there’s no reason to wear clothes anymore, since she’s already seen his business.
4. This (in addition to the catcalls from the studio audience). Plus the Hello Kitty joke.
5. Martin Mull’s reference to “the Orientals,” and later a reference to the the Chinese people, “who are lovely, but you can’t trust them.”
6. The gross loss of dignity for the once well-admired Seth Green, who even had the audacity to suggest that Dads isn’t offensive because it also makes fun of white men. Here he is making a weird Hitler joke at the expense of Jews.
7. The Asian schoolgirl laugh, followed by the Asian men filing it away for their spank banks.
8. Suggesting that the title for a boxing game should be “Punch the Puerto Rican.”
9. “Where the gay guy? Show me your gay guy.”
10. A full 45 seconds of jokes about the small penis of an Asian man.
Around the Web
Like Our Facebook Page And an Angel Does the Paul Rudd Dance
blog comments powered by Disqus