Overnight, Twitter erupted with allegations that comedian Chris D’Elia used social media to groom teen fans into sexual scenarios. Through screenshots of DMs, the stand-up’s accusers showed how he’d request nude photos and private visits from girls. D’Elia has not yet responded to this flood of allegations. However, some of his colleagues in comedy have.
Here’s how comedians have reacted to the pedophile allegations against Chris D’Elia:
Point: saying someone “looks like a pedophile” is stereotyping and not right— Ginny Hogan_ (@ginnyhogan_) June 17, 2020
Counterpoint: Chris D’Elia
this Chris D'Elia shit is wild, but I guess it's always the first person you suspect— Django Gold (@django) June 17, 2020
“And I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!” - Chris D’Elia— Sasheer Zamata (@thesheertruth) June 17, 2020
Right now Chris D'Elia is apologizing to his current girlfriend over a lunchables pizza and Capri Sun.— Subhah (@Subhah) June 17, 2020
Chris D’Elia is about as impatient waiting for a girl to be legal as a cop is waiting for a McMuffin— Dan LaMorte (@DanLaMorte) June 17, 2020
I was surprised to see the Chris D'elia grooming texts because I was sure that guy had never written anything in his life.— Will Noonan (@willnoonan) June 17, 2020
Like all of you, tonight I was shocked and disgusted to find out Chris D'Elia's dad was the co-creator of Judging Amy.— Guy Branum (@guybranum) June 17, 2020
dear diary…— Jenny Yang (@jennyyangtv) June 17, 2020
today on twitter i was not shocked to learn that both chris d'elia and "toilet plumes" are nasty
If you cowards had fired Chris D’Elia a long time ago for being bad at the job (standup comedy) he wouldn’t have had time to creep. But you LIVE to say “good set” to men taller than you.— Amy Miller (@amymiller) June 17, 2020
"There's no such thing as a 14-year-old girl anymore. They go from 6 to 25." —Chris D'Elia in this video sure is…saying some things👀👀👀 pic.twitter.com/uEhE0sIwFZ— Lane Moore (@hellolanemoore) June 17, 2020
It's incredibly brave of these women to share their experiences with Chris D'Elia, but we really gotta try to do better as a comedy community with this shit so they don't have to - it's been a long day and I don't have any ideas, but this isn't working.— Ian Karmel (@IanKarmel) June 17, 2020
I never entered that guy's orbit, so I had no idea how he operated, but I have to assume some people knew some shit was going on.— Ian Karmel (@IanKarmel) June 17, 2020
One thing I’m sure of is that there are male comedians out there who knew what Chris D'Elia was up to and described it as “it’s just Chris being Chris”— Mohanad? (@MohanadElshieky) June 17, 2020
Ok so like 95% of these Chris D'Elia stories are horse shit. The other 5% though… Yeesh.— Luis J. Gomez (@luisjgomez) June 17, 2020
Delete all you want! Screen shots got ya covered. pic.twitter.com/ymCsqup5Va— QuaranTisdale (@Jenn_Tisdale) June 17, 2020
I believe in due process. 🤷🏼♂️— Neal Brennan (@nealbrennan) June 17, 2020
One way to help: Unfollow Chris D’Elia if you believe these women. I know that following someone isn’t always an endorsement (sometimes it’s a hate-follow), but this seems like a very simple way to communicate that you don’t support him. https://t.co/Tfzx0vI3I3— Allie Goertz (@AllieGoertz) June 17, 2020
You wanna be an accomplice to a pedophile because they sell your club out? Fuck you! You’re trash!— Megan Gailey (@megangailey) June 17, 2020
Female comics female audience member— Laurie Kilmartin (@anylaurie16) June 17, 2020
We recommend clicking through to read Ostad’s full story thread.
I know it's totally unfair to turn to the lady friends of alleged (lol) sexual predators but Whitney Cummings is a 10/10 feminist and is bff's with Chris D'Elia so I am DYING to hear from her.— QuaranTisdale (@Jenn_Tisdale) June 17, 2020
At the time of posting, Cummings has not yet responded to the D’Elia allegations.
Did we miss a comedian’s response to the D’Elia allegations? Share them in comments.
Header Image Source: Getty