Stephen Colbert Gives Trump The Dressing Down We've Waited Nine Months For
It’s seemed a cruel joke that Donald Trump rose to the Republican frontrunner spot after The Colbert Report had been shuttered, and Jon Stewart was on his way out of The Daily Show. But finally, finally, Colbert is back with The Late Show, and he’s as hungry for Trump carnage as we are in need of his evisceration.
Last week, Colbert busted out the Oreo-dunking bit below before a giddy audience (that included myself) at The Late Show’s final test show. The crowd was raucous with laughter and excitement to see Colbert doing what he does best, playing a clown to satirize our insane political landscape. And with his very first show, he’s brought this bonkers bit to the nation that so craves it.
Colbert has found the only silver lining to a Trump presidency. He’d make history as the first Oompa-Loompa-American president.
Reached for comment, Trump was unimpressed with Colbert’s Oreo antics.
Kristy Puchko may be having Oreos for breakfast.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia