The Time John Mulaney Took Pete Davidson to a Steely Dan Concert
Back in late October, John Mulaney tweeted a very short video of Pete Davidson expressing excitement at a Steely Dan concert over the fact that everyone is getting up.
I’ve seen Steely Dan for 12 years and no one ever stands. Pete Davidson changed that tonight. pic.twitter.com/h7Y6HoGult— John Mulaney (@mulaney) October 31, 2018
Turns out, there’s a great story behind that. It’s a slow news morning, so even though this clip is from Monday night, I’m sure you won’t mind indulging John Mulaney as he recounts the story of Pete Davidson’s Steely Dan concert Christmas miracle. It involves the Beacon Theater, John Mulaney’s best friend, and Mulaney’s wife, who hates Steely Dan. (Also, I love that John Mulaney and Pete Davidson randomly go to concerts together).
The story starts at the 2:30 mark. It will explain the above tweet.
Header Image Source: NBC
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia