I’ll be honest with you: I’m not a huge fan of American Horror Story. I like the first five or six episodes every year, but then the show seems to lose its thread, and by the end of the series, has completely jumped the rails. I forced myself to finish the first season, but I checked out of the next two seasons after the Christmas hiatus. Introducing the characters is the fun part; what Ryan Murphy does with them often lacks (in part because, since no one ever seems to die, the stakes don’t exist). It’d be a better six-episode season.
I have no doubt that the fourth season of American Horror Story will play out the same way. I will be incredibly excited based on the premise, and on the freak-show characters, but I’ll probably get bored with it by episode five. Until then, here are the 11 freakiest things we’ve seen in the run up to the premiere, which will be on October 8th.
11. Naomi Grossman’s (Pepper from Asylum) Character
(And because it’s now obligatory whenever showing pictures of Naomi Grossman to show what she looks like in real life, too).
10. Currently the Real-Life Smallest Woman in the World
9. The Sword Swallower
8. Kathy Bates’ Bearded Woman
7. Sarah Paulson’s Two-Headed Lady
6. The Caged Human
5. Angela Bassett’s Three-Boobed Lady
4. Some Forked-Tongue Freak
3. Creepy Black-Lipped Clown Creature
2. The, Uh, Three-Legged Contortionist
1. Twisty the Clown