Steve Martin and Marty Short Give Jimmy Fallon Nine Minutes of Sh*t
Remember how old-timers used to say, “Wow! How time flies.” Last night, Steve Martin and Martin Short appeared on The Tonight Show to help Jimmy Fallon celebrate five years as host of the late-night show, and all I could think was, “Wow! It’s only been five years?” Honestly, someone should check their math on that, because I am pretty sure that Fallon was host of The Tonight Show when Barack Obama was President and that was at least a decade ago.
Anyway, the best part of this nine-minute clip is that Jimmy Fallon never gets to utter more than two words before Martin and Short cut him off to deliver another joke at Fallon’s expense. It’s really just a nine-minute roasting of Fallon, and it is spectacular. Martin is 73 and Short is 68, and there is no hitch in their step. They have tremendous chemistry together, and even when they’re cutting Jimmy Fallon down — which is the whole time — they are a goddamn delight.
This is really, honestly fantastic television.
Header Image Source: NBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me