What Should be Delightfully Weird Television Ruined by Host Selection
Grown-ish on Freeform at 8:00pm ET. Second season premiere.
Psycho Mother-In-Law on Lifetime Movie Network at 8:00pm ET. Original telefilm. Gotta give Lifetime Movie Network credit, you know what you’re getting.
Nova on PBS at 9:00pm ET. 46th season premiere. Tonight, the stalwart science series goes “Beyond Pluto.”
The Masked Singer on Fox at 9:00pm ET. Series premiere. This is a new reality series where a singer is concealed from head to toe in an elaborate costume and panel of hosts have to guess their identity. There’s also a competition element to it where people are eliminated each week. There’s a lot going on here. Pros are the series of elaborate costumes that the singers will wear that appear to exist on a scale of “cool, if predictable” to “completely bonkers.” Cons are that that panel features Jenny McCarthy and Robin Thicke, two people I could happily NEVER see on my television or internet again.
True Life/Now on MTV at 10:00pm ET. Series premiere. This is a reboot of True/Life but with a focus on “social phenomena.” Tonight’s episode is about someone who is “Obsessed with Being a Kardashian” which, I understand the shorthand used there but I always get hung up on the fact that ‘Kardashian’ is an actual last name that is only shared by Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Rob at this point.
Header Image Source: Fox
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me