Probably the Most Uplifting Option on TV Tonight
Gotham: Year Zero on Fox at 8:00pm ET. Fifth season premiere.
The Titan Games on NBC at 8:00pm ET. Two-hour series premiere. This is The Rock’s new TV project, a series of “endurance-based mental and physical challenges of epic proportions.” If the competitors meet the challenges then they will go on to face the new competitors each week. In the finale, all the remaining Titans will battle to claim the top male and female spots. Sounds a little like American Gladiator crossed with American Ninja Warrior but less aggressively patriotic.
Surviving R. Kelly on Lifetime at 9:00pm ET. Series premiere. This is a new series that talks to the women who have accused R. Kelly of sexual assault, exploring their experiences. R. Kelly has threatened to file a lawsuit if Lifetime airs the series. So far, it appears that Lifetime is not backing down. Feels like they’re earning the “television for women” descriptor.
Star Trek: Short Treks on CBSAA at 9:30pm ET.
Travel Man on Ovation at 10:00pm ET. Series premiere. This is Richard Ayoade’s travel show, which is not actually new it’s just new to the U.S.
Header Image Source: Ovation/All3Media
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me