"Ben Affleck Made ANOTHER Thing About Boston? How... Interesting."
119th U.S. Open Championship: Final Round on Fox at 7:30pm ET.
City on a Hill on Showtime at 9:00pm ET. Series premiere. A new series from Ben Affleck and Chuck MacLean based in Boston (you knew that as soon as I wrote “Ben Affleck”, didn’t you) in the 1990s when corruption was the norm. It’s a fictionalized account of “Operation Ceasefire” starring Kevin Bacon, Aldis Hodge, Amanda Clayton, Cathy Moriarty, Kevin Dunn, and Jill Hennessy.
Fear the Walking Dead on AMC at 9:00pm ET.
Euphoria on HBO at 10:00pm ET. Series premiere. HBO’s new series about the gritty lives of teens is already getting protests for being inappropriate. I kinda see both sides. Most things that teenagers are actually doing or at least familiar with are considered “inappropriate for teens” to watch on TV, which feels weird, but also putting beautiful actors on TV pretending to engage in dangerous behaviors does probably make those behaviors seem a bit more glamorous even if that’s not the intent.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on HBO at 11:00pm ET.
Header Image Source: Showtime
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me