This Season 'Animal Kingdom' Gets the Budget to Buy Everyone Shirts!
Running with Beto on HBO at 8:00pm ET.
30 for 30: Qualified on ESPN at 9:00pm ET. This episode deals with the story of Janet Guthrie, the first woman to qualify for the Indy 500 back in 1977. She is still alive and is featured in the documentary to tell her own story.
Animal Kingdom on TNT at 9:00pm ET. Fourth season premiere.
Fosse/Verdon on FX at 10:00pm ET. First season finale.
Songland on NBC at 10:01pm ET. Series premiere. This is a new music competition series that focuses on songwriters rather than performers. The songwriters will get to pitch songs to a panel of stars including the Jonas Brothers, Macklemore, John Legend, Meghan Trainor, OneRepublic and several others. Including OneRepublic is a bit of a cop-out because one of the producer/coaches is Ryan Tedder and OneRepublic is basically Ryan Tedder’s band to perform his own songs with. He does also write and produce songs for other people, but it’s a little weird that he’s both a coach and an artist who will have a chance to pick a winning song. The other two producers involved are Ester Dean who has written for Katy Perry and Rihanna, and Shane McAnally who primarily works in country music as a writer, producer, and artist. If you’ve ever wanted to see how the pop music sausage gets made, this might be a good show for you.
Header Image Source: TNT
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me