'Wish Upon' Conjures Ryan Phillippe, Barb, And A Monkey's Paw Scenario
“Be careful what you wish for,” goes the old adage, warning children and horror movie fans of the danger of wanting. In the latest incarnation of the wish-and-be-damned tale, a teen girl stumbles across a curious musical box that implores her to make seven wishes. Naturally, they don’t go exactly as she dreamed.
From the trailer below, Wish Upon seems like the wicked spawn of “The Monkey’s Paw” and The Craft. Be sure to watch closely as this slick bit of horror boasts a cast that includes The Conjuring’s Joey King, Stranger Things’s Shannon Purser, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’s Ki Hong Lee, Stand By Me’s Jerry O’Connell, and Rihanna fan boi Ryan Phillippe as the heroine’s dumpster-diving daddy.
Wish Upon opens July 14th.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia