'Winter's Tale' Trailer: Colin Farrell, Lady Sybil And Some Damn Flying Horse Star In The Most Saptastic Film Of The Year
Have you read Mark Helprin’s book “Winter’s Tale”? I have and I don’t remember it being nearly as sappy as this trailer. Maybe it’s the blinding flashes of fairy lights or the cheesy pop soundtrack or lines like “is it possible to love someone so completely they simply can’t die?” or, this is a shot in the dark here, maybe, just maybe, it’s the flying horse. Farrell plays a turn of the century thief who falls in love with an ailing Jessica Brown Findlay (aka Downton Abbey’s Lady Sybill). Who wouldn’t? After being hucked off a bridge by an evil, icy-eyed Crowe (Russell), Farrell wakes up in modern day New York. Cue the rousing pop anthem. Despite my love for Farrell, Findlay and a scenery-chewin’, Lucky Charm’s accent havin’ Crowe, I can’t get behind this thing. It looks like the bastard love child of The Time Traveler’s Wife, the Nicholas Sparks oeuvre, Downton Abbey and Valentine’s Day. Maybe my heart is black, but I just can’t.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia