What If 'Black Mirror' Meets Keanu Reeves?
Sounds like a good time, right? I mean Keanu Reeves in sci-fi gave us the groundbreaking/genre-transforming Matrix. So how could Replicas—A.K.A. Keanu has a family of clones—be anything short of awesome? Watch the New York Comic Con trailer for a couple of red flags.
Did you catch them?
So when promoting this movie, the marketing team is reaching out to sci-fi fans who enjoyed rape as a bump in the road to space romance, or just willfully stupid stories about robots. Add to that images of Reeves drugging the women in his family, lying to them, and then dramatically declaring, “I didn’t defy every natural law there is just to lose you again,” and you’ve got a movie that’s already giving us the squicks.
Replicas does not yet have a release date.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia