Watch Rinko Kikuchi Go From Battle Bots To Treasure Hunting In Minnesota
Have you ever been taken in by one of those movies that claims to be based on real events, but actually just likes the mystique that label employs? You’re not alone. The 1996 Coen Bros comedy Fargo had some cinema goers thinking there was treasure buried in Minnesota for the taking. And in that way that art reflects life reflects art kind of way, the new movie Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter follows one intrepid explorer who abandons her disappointing life in Japan, using her VHS copy of Fargo as a treasure map she hopes will lead her to something greater.
As you’ll see in the trailer below, Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter won praise at its Sundance debut. And now at long last this promising Rinko Kikuchi vehicle is coming to theaters.
Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter opens on March 18th in NY and March 20th in LA.
Kristy Puchko has just realized she owns way too many VHS tapes for it to be 2015.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia