'The BFG' Teaser Will Thrill Your Inner Child
Never get out of bed.
Never go to the window.
Never look behind the curtain…
Steven Spielberg and Disney have joined forces to bring Roald Dahl’s beloved book The BFG to life. And from the looks of this first teaser, it’s going to be a BFD.
Ruby Barnhill stars as Sophie, a courageous young orphan who befriends The Big Friendly Giant, an outcast from his clan because he doesn’t eat children. Mark Rylance, who’s drawing award season buzz for his turn in Bridge of Spies, plays the BFG, while the supporting cast boasts Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Bill Hader, Penelope Wilton, and Jemaine Clement. And on a bittersweet note, The BFG is the final screenplay penned by E.T. scribe Melissa Mathison, who passed earlier this year.
The BFG will hit theaters on July 1, 2016.
Kristy Puchko lives in
perpetual fear that ice cream will become self-aware New York City.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia