Takashi Miike Throws Down The Gauntlet (And Dismembered Hands) With 'Blade of the Immortal' Trailer
Turning a popular anime into a live-action movie is a tricky endeavor. And by that, I mean for white people. Look to Speed Racer, Ghost In the Shell, and Death Note for fair to outright atrocious adaptations. Then look to Takashi Miike’s bizarre, beautiful and brilliant JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable for how to do honor to anime in the flesh. And then rejoice, because Miike is back once more with another compelling take on this oft-awful genre.
Behold the red-band trailer for Blade of the Immortal.
That sound you hear? It’s us shrieking with anticipation.
Blade of the Immortal will make its North America premiere in September at Fantastic Fest before hitting theaters November 3rd.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia