Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One' Trailer Is Something Something
You ever get into one of those book-reading funks where you not anxious to get back to your book, or not finishing a string of novels, and then you find a book that reminds you why you love reading? Ernest Cline’s Ready Player One was that book for me. I finished it in like a day and a half and then went on a novel-reading tear for a few months until I hit another lull. I genuinely haven’t read anything since that I was excited to get back to.
I was pretty stoked that Spielberg was adapting it — who better to compose a love letter to the 80s than Spielberg? But the trailer? I dunno. Maybe the movie will be great, but this doesn’t look like anything I remember from the book. I mean, there’s obviously more to the movie than this two and a half minutes, but the universe created in the trailer does not look familiar to me.
Ready Player One hits theaters in March 2018.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia