'Logan' Has Brought Us The Hero We Need Right Now
Hugh Jackman returns as Wolverine in James Mangold’s Logan. And it’s going to be earth-shatteringly awesome. Just check out the first trailer.
Someone has come along. pic.twitter.com/IyPD62iVXq— Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) January 19, 2017
The official synopsis is “In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan’s attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces.” But as you might have figured from that drool-inducing trailer, that young mutant is X-23, a girl who has powers very similar to Logan’s, and the same passion for ass-kicking.
Here’s the part where I brag that I was at the Fox Showcase where the first 35 minutes of Logan was screened for an astonished audience. The no spoilers version of my response to that footage is:
For a more in-depth reaction, along with my interview with Mangold about the film’s disturbingly timely politics, click here.
Logan opens March 3rd.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia