'Groundhog Day' But With A Co-Ed Stabbed To Death With A Bong
If you think about it for more than a minute, the Bill Murray classic Groundhog Day boasts a horrific premise. Imagine, being trapped in a mundane day, forced to live it over and over again, with no signs of a way out, no way of escape, not even suicide can free you. Well, others have been trying to spin out this concept into creepier scenarios. First came the tone-deaf and infuriating Before I Fall, and now comes the slasher/time-loop offering Happy Death Day.
From Christopher Landon, the director of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones and Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, comes a thriller focused on a beautiful but sneering college co-ed, who must uncover her murderer or else live out her last day forever. It begins with death by broken bong to her heart, but as you can see in this twisted trailer, her killer works out a variety of ways to murder this bitchy birthday girl.
You got to admit, death by birthday candle is pretty clever.
Happy Death Day opens October 13th.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia