Guillermo Del Toro Delivers Romantic Monster Movie With 'Shape of Water' Trailer
Visionary filmmaker Guillermo del Toro revels in colliding worlds of monsters with stories of vibrant—but often unusual—love. He’s awed us with Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Pacific Rim and Crimson Peak. And now, he takes our breath away with an aquatic creature feature swimming in romance.
The Shape of Water is an original written by del Toro and Vanessa Taylor. Set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1963, it follows a lonely mute woman named Elisa (Sally Hawkins) into her job at a hidden high-security government laboratory, where she meets a unique soul that will forever change her life.
Del Toro directs a cast that also boasts Octavia Spencer, Michael Stuhlbarg, Doug Jones, Richard Jenkins, and Michael Shannon. Watch the first trailer below, and marvel.
Chills. I have chills!
The Shape of Water opens December 8th.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia